Saturday, August 29, 2009

Be a Tree Helps with Neighbour Relations!

Submitted by Joanne Wilk of Setter Sanctuary


The building I live in is full of adults and children who don't know how to act around dogs. Well one day I got tired of the kids screaming in excitement whenever I took the dogs out that I decided to show them how to Be a Tree. Since then, they've been amazing around my boys and, of course, my dogs have been calmer around them. One of the neighbourhood kids actually came up to thank me and said that since I showed her what to do, she hasn't been bitten by her little dog! I didn't even know her dog was biting her! I also showed my new neighbours who are new to this country and are afraid of dogs and she thanked me and was amazed that even she or her kids could tell my dogs to sit and they would. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference in improving neighbourly relations, not to mention stopping a dog from biting its child!

No comments:

Post a Comment