To help make this happen we have teamed up with Family Paws Parent Education to offer full scholarships to new presenters in the following areas of the US and Canada:
NunavutWe will award 4 scholarships, one for each area. Please pass this on to your colleagues in these areas.
Click here for more information and to obtain the necessary application documents
The chosen candidates will receive:
- Be a Tree teacher kit (value $100)
- 1 Year free membership in Doggone Safe (value $25)
- Access to Be a Tree training webinars (value $30)
- Materials and training to become a presenter for the Dogs & Storks and the Dogs and Baby Connection programs from FPPE (value $650)
- 1 Year free license for use of FPPE materials (value $100)
This is NOT a random draw. You must meet the entrance requirements and be willing to sign license agreements with both Doggone Safe and Family Paws Parent Education.
The requirements as as follows:
Dog-Related Experience Requirements:
- Dog training and/or behaviour consulting experience, 5 years or more.
- Commitment to continuing education.
- Commitment to positive-reinforcement based training methods.
- Provide 2 professional references (veterinarian, professor, dog trainer, dog behaviour consultant).
- List professional certifications/qualifications related to dog training/behaviour.
Public Speaking or Teaching Experience Requirements:
- Comfortable and experienced at teaching or speaking to a group.
- Provide 1 reference that can attest to speaking ability.
- List professional certifications/qualifications related to teaching/lecturing.
- Join FPPE presenter yahoo group
- Sign the FPPE license agreement
- Pay license fee after the first year ($100 per year) if you wish to maintain the license
- Collaborate well with others
- View the 9 online pre recorded courses
- Go through FPPE guidebook
- Own your own laptop computer and projector capable of playing PowerPoint presentation with videos. Be familiar with the use of this equipment.